I recently made this pattern. I cut out my size and I ironed on thin interfacing to the back of the pattern as I don’t really like working with the usual tissue paper.
I buy the interfacing by the bolt when I have a 50% coupon from Joanns. I like taking the time to do this for a few reasons:
1) no pattern pieces skittering across the room with the slightest breeze
2) the interfacing sort of grips the fabric you are cutting a bit and less pins are needed
3) without a doubt increases the lifespan of the pattern without having to trace everything including markings
4) I like to mark the seam allowance and pin the pattern together to check on fit before I cut anything if it is a casual garment and I’m not willing to put in the time to do a muslin first.
After pining the pattern together at the seam allowance I realized that I needed to take 1/2″ off of the shoulder seams and add 1″ at the waist area to make it longer since I have a long torso. I usually have to add at least 1″ in the sleeve area but with this pattern I didn’t need to make any adjustments there. I added 1″ to the hem of the lining since I had read on Pattern Review that there were issues in that area.
Part 2 to come soon and it will complete this review with a picture of the finished jacket.